Welcome

Thanks for visiting. Don't forget to check out my main blog http://abstractblueberrysky.blogspot.com






Monday 8 November 2010

The Coffee Shop Prompt - 2nd Instalment

Continued...
I switched my laptop on and glanced up just as he walked through the door.  His mousy-brown hair clung to his head, matted.  My heart skipped a beat as he brushed past my table, uttering an apology under his breath.  His smell wafted past me; polo mints and the musty smell of his damp coat.
I busied myself, sipping my coffee and checking my emails as he settled into his seat and ordered his usual pot of tea.  He'd not shaven that morning.  I could see the stubble spiking through around his chin.
He'd not shaven in the first profile picture.  I remember thinking that he reminded me of someone, but couldn't think who.  I know now.
I was lucky to find him on Facebook.  All I was given was his name, Gareth Smith.  There were thousands of them, but when I saw his picture, I just knew.  Luckily, he'd listed his place of work as the gallery across the street and I'd followed him into the cafe a few times.  Now, he just thinks I'm another regular customer.  Just like him.
I snapped my glance back to the screen quickly as he looked up into my eyes.  He must have felt me staring.  When I looked back up, he was smiling at me.  My cheeks flared red as I banged away at my keyboard, not really typing anything on the blank screen.  When I looked up again, he was standing at the edge of my table.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment