Welcome

Thanks for visiting. Don't forget to check out my main blog http://abstractblueberrysky.blogspot.com






Monday 8 November 2010

The Coffee Shop Prompt - 1st Instalment

I sat down in my usual seat, near the back, in the corner of the coffee shop. It was warmer back there, with no draught from the door as customers came and went. I also had the advantage of being able to watch everyone else without them noticing.
I ordered my usual large cappuchino and settled back into the squashy seat, checking my watch. He'd be here in ten minutes. Just enough time for me to rifle through my briefcase and make myself look busy. Well, I didn't want him to think I was stalking him, did I?
I opened my laptop and angled it carefully towards his usual seat so that I could sneak peeks over the top of the screen. The hot, steaming coffee machines and the overcrowding of damp, rain-sodden customers had made the floor to ceiling windows steam up, so I wouldn't be able to see him arrive until he walked through the door.
My stomach churned as I checked my watch for the tenth time. He was two minutes late. He was normally there at two-thirty on the dot. He was never late. It made me nervous.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment